High Tech Accelerator
THE ONLY HIGH-TECH ACCELERATOR OF ITS KIND
The OCEAN high-tech accelerator helps founders build venture-backable start-ups, through a 16-week program that combines a unique curriculum and rich mentorship. Our program leverages seed funding and mentors—among other accelerator benefits—to help grow startups while taking founders on a concurrent spiritual journey.
Validating the Value Proposition
Refining the Revenue model
Becoming a culture creator
The OCEAN Accelerator program is underwritten and supported by a group of partners passionate about launching founders with the skills, services, and connections necessary for long-term business success and sustainable, holistic founder health.
Cohort 8 of OCEAN Accelerator launched on February 28. The 10 companies, which include founders from seven states and one Dubai will pitch at a live Demo Day on May 19 in Atlanta.
MEET COHORT 8
OUR ALUMNI ARE JUST GETTING STARTED
After participating in OCEAN Accelerator, our alumni have been accepted into programs like:
They have gone on to raise more than $50,000,000 from an international group of funds and angels, like:
In December 2021, The New Yorker published a piece about the future of deep work in virtual reality, featuring Immersed.
Immersed raised $9,000,000+ through a WeFunder campaign in 2021, one of the largest ECF rounds to-date.
Demo Day 2022
May 19, 3:00pm
Happy Hour to follow
Garden City Events
579 Travis Street NW
Can’t make it in person? RSVP to join the livestream.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many companies do you accept for each class?
Up to 10 companies will be selected for Class 8.
We like to keep our class size on the smaller side in order to be able to offer more personalized guidance and training throughout the program.
What is the screening process?
- Apply on F6S by December 20.
- Once your application is complete, we will send you a link to help us understand the profiles of your founding team. We use Wendal, an AI tool developed by Connetic Ventures, to help us identify the highest-potential founding teams.
- Interviews with our selection committee.
- Offers will be extended by January 31.
What are characteristics that influence acceptance to the program?
Ideally, we are looking for post-product and post-revenue teams with great co-founders. Some other things that will strongly influence your chances of being accepted:
- Multiple Co-founders–We like to see at least two, one of whom should be technical
- Domain Experience–Are you working on something that you know a lot about?
- Customer Validation & Business Model– have you spent time proving you’re solving a problem that people really care about (and are willing to pay money to solve)?
- High Cultural Potential–We believe in building into people who are trying to change the world and who are likely to be good stewards of their success
- High Growth Potential–We’re looking for venture-backable people and ideas with a high likelihood of creating sustainable businesses that grow quickly and create lots of high-paying jobs over time
- Tech-Based–Because web/tech business is what we know best, we believe we have the highest potential to understand and help accelerate businesses with a web or software foundation
What are the terms of your seed investment?
Each company receives a $50,000 investment from 11 Tribes Capital, which is staggered over the course of the program as companies progressively build and row.
What type of companies do you accept?
OCEAN accepts tech startups that are beyond the idea stage. Not sure if you should apply? Go ahead anyway. Applications put you on our radar and can help you think through your business as you process the application. Seriously. Do it.
Do I have to relocate to Cincinnati?
No, you can participate in the 16-week program from anywhere in the world. The cohort will get together onsite in the United States for welcome week, a mid-session retreat, and closing week.
Do I have to be a Christian to participate?
No. OCEAN is a federally recognized 501(c)3 and welcomes applicants of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability or handicap, sex or gender.
Along with world-class business content, our program also draws from wisdom in the Bible and the life of Jesus, so we do ask that founders be willing to participate in those discussions as part of the cohort.
How do you integrate faith?
We believe in the integration of faith and entrepreneurship. We seek to fulfill our mission daily through our accelerator program.
What is the time commitment for accepted companies?
All companies are expected to have your founding team at three onsite weeks (week of February 28, week of April 18, week of May 16).
During the other weeks, there are 2-4 hours each day of teaching content scheduled during U.S. business hours along with field work.